Study Permit

The study permit is a document that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Your study permit is not a visa. It doesn’t let you enter Canada. You may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If your study permit is approved, you will be issued a visitor visa with your study permit.

Eligibility Requirements

You can study in Canada if you:

* Are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
* Prove you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees
* Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
* Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
* Obey the law, have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required)
* Are in good health and get a medical exam (if required)
* Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires

Your Responsibilities

While studying in Canada you must:

* Take progress towards completing your program
* Respect any conditions listed on your study permit
* Stop studying if you no longer meet the requirements
* Leave Canada when your permit expires
Depending on your case, there may be conditions on your study permit such as:
* If you’re allowed to work in Canada
* If you’re allowed to travel within Canada
* The date you must stop studying

Services Offered In


Call : +1 - 604-617-7786

Get Consultation